Took an extra day off to recover and set up next week with travel
Warmup: Foot MFR, Toe Pulls, ASLR, Pressups, 2.0, Naked TGU, 16kg Swings and Snatches
Bench Press (TPB, pinky on the ring)
255 3x 2, x3, x5
–Went pinky on the ring as I didn’t have a spotter.
85 5x10s hold
KB 1-Arm Press
16kg 3x 2, x3, x5
–Went down considerably to reinvent good form that I have not had when pressing after bench pressing.
–I may even consider dropping to BU Press off the knees to meet my goals while still honoring the program.
2 KB Circuit (12kg 5x ea -Wave Rows, Clean, Split Squats, Presses, Squats, Swings)
–My shoulders are getting destroyed from the pressing and bar work, so I’m not doing it. I will get more out of the KBs and recover better.
Squats (TPB, Belt, Rehbands)
So I tried this program for a couple reasons……
1) Keep my BP progression humble as I get back into competition form.
2) I very much would like to nail 315 for 20 on the squat. I have done 17, and if someone was screaming at me, I think I could have done it.
3) I see a lot of folks that are weaklings and have no clue how to lift. This program clearly appears to answer the call on both, including real world nutrition.
Why this program hasn’t been great for me so far………
1) I don’t need mass.
2) My shoulder mobility is challenged by the volume of pressing and the overhead bar work.
3) Birdogs are not challenging for me, so I will try to substitute pushup Birdogs or Renegade Rows next time out on Tuesday.