Patrick Ward’s current work centers on research and development in professional sport with an emphasis on data analysis in American football.
Previously, Patrick was a sport scientist within the Nike Sports Research Lab. He also founded Optimum Sports Performance in Tempe, Arizona, a strength and conditioning facility where he trained high school, collegiate, and professional athletes.
Patrick has a Ph.D. in Sports Science from Liverpool John Moores University and is a National Strength and Conditioning Association Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (NSCA-CSCS). His research interests include training and competition analysis as they apply to athlete health, injury, and performance across a variety of sports.
We had a great time catching up about:
- How we met 14 years ago through the original StrengthCoach.com
- Why I currently do IG Lives versus a podcast
- Why the market favors tribalism
- Different types of research
- What we know & how much new information changes what we know
- Will Patrick keep Instagram